Windows 10 major update code name Redstone 4 or Windows 10 April Update was announced earlier in April and release date was set to 30th April 2018. The download is available and now you can upgrade your Microsoft Windows 10.
Though a few users from Reddit have reported that the computer freezes after installing the update. And Microsoft seems to be aware of the issues affecting the new Windows Update. The browser Chrome is reportedly crushing at random times for some users. If you are eager to run the Windows 10 update now you are encouraged to run an alternative browser like Firefox or Safari.
Requirements to Run Windows 10 April Update
- To get started, you will first need to have a license to install Windows 10. You can then download a copy from here and run the media creation tool.
- You can also install Windows 10 directly by running the Update Now
- Good internet speed like Zamtel 4G. If you have Vodafone in your area that will even be better.
- MTN 4G link is also good. Just prepare 5GB of data and you are good to go.
- You will need to have not less than 8GB of Hard Disk free space.
- If you plan to run the media creation tool you will need 8GB of a USB stick or download to hard drive as an ISO image. You can the create a bootable DVD later.
- After downloading and installing, the tool will walk you through how to set up Windows 10 on your PC. All Windows 10 editions are available when you select Windows 10, except for Enterprise edition. For more information on Enterprise edition, go to the Volume Licensing Service Center.
- It might take some time to install Windows 10, and your PC will restart a few times. Make sure you don’t turn off your PC.